Sunday, March 22, 2015

String Theory

Use thread in a new way. Hmmm.. 

Thread is an important element in my work; I’m comfortable using a sewing machine to stitch my lines. So the challenge is to use thread in a way that’s new to ME. That leaves hand-stitching and embroidery, right? Not my favorite activity, I will admit. Maybe there is another possibility.



While thinking about the technical challenge, I’m working within my chosen theme “Reflections”. I chose that word because it can be interpreted several ways – reflected light is a favorite of mine. It could also mean to “reflect” on something, to seriously consider an idea. This challenge is causing me to reflect on my use of lines (thread) in my work, and how I might achieve the effect in a new way.

An interesting challenge to start us off, that’s for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment