Sunday, March 8, 2015

Consumer not creator




When I was eleven my favorite pair of pants were light blue, hip huggers with embroidery on the leg and back yoke. I was captivated the moment I saw the colorful, asymmetrical, perfectly placed embroidery. I felt so confident in those pants! I’m smiling at the memory…

A current check of my closet suggests I still enjoy embroidered items. Several tops and a marvelous robe are decorated with thread and stitch. It leads me to wonder why I’ve never tried embroidering something myself. With regard to embroidery, I guess I’m a consumer rather than a creator.

Well, now I have the opportunity! I have no idea where to start. As one who avidly avoids hand work, I don’t know any stitches other than basting and binding. This will definitely be a stretch for me, I’m looking forward to seeing where it leads.


No comments:

Post a Comment