Friday, May 22, 2015

Drawing with light


The word neon brings out thoughts of big advertising billboards in the centres of big cities. 




I have also seen the work of some artists that have used the neon tubes in their work. This is Bruce Nauman's "Five Marching Men".




Searching for images in the web, some wonderful things have been made with neon tubes.  Really I see it more as drawing with light. This is a piece by Charles McGee.



I ‘drew with light’ in a way, when playing with moving my camera while taking pictures of Christmas tree lights.




This last one feels to me like fireworks.

Alicia

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the photos, Alicia. As a kid growing up in the era of neon, they remind me lots of childhood memories. Look forward to seeing your work!

    ReplyDelete