Friday, May 8, 2015

Memory Lane



A wonderful challenge, Hsin-Chen!  Neon evokes a lot of fantastic memories of the 70's for me.  From the first step into a store with a black light in the Village in NYC to teenage dance clubs in Daytona Beach.  I was mesmerized by the colors and electricity it created in my mind!  (not that being 16 didn't create enough electricity:)

Note: cinderblock bookshelves and wire spool coffee table
This was my generation, and we were ALIVE!  And neon heralded our arrival.  Despite the turmoil of youth; the posters, the music, the colors, the light, the fashion, the whole package, brings a flood of warm nostalgia.  Thanks for the trip down memory lane!  

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing, Martha. Just like you, Neon evokes lots of fantastic memories of the 70's for me! Look forward to seeing your work.

    ReplyDelete