Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Rethinking

Over the years I have incorporated some unusual materials into my quilts- plastics and plastic fishing lures and before it became more main stream used the wadding as a surface. But Betty is a hard act to follow with her wonderful incorporation of the unusual so I am rethinking my approach.
My theme is Around my Neighbourhood so I went back to this set of benches covered in the most fantastic ceramic pieces- a quilt in the making, but it would be heavy! The pieces have been impressed with native flowers and many of these trees grow near the bench seats.
A side view. Each side is covered and the colours are brighter as they are not so sun bleached.
I have taken an imprint on silk to use in my quilt with a few other "new" for me things to be used yet!



No comments:

Post a Comment