Tuesday, October 27, 2015

On My Way

by Misik Kim



Last year I participated in the exhibition “Wearable Art – Inspiration in Thread” organized by the Museum.  At that time I made my work with a crazy quilt technique using old silk fabrics.
Crazy quilt is the best technique to connect the remaining pieces, Randomly.


This is from the catalog of the exhibition:
“Misik Kim has been working with quilt for a long time.
She experiments with dying fabrics to create good color matches and then thousands of times of cuts and sews to complete a work like Buddhist mandala pieces.
Life is a patchwork of thoughts and experiences and she continues to focus on this way of working”.

I like this sentence “Life is a patchwork of thoughts and experiences”.

 Size : 18 W  40 H



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Misik. I am enjoying looking into the work and seeing the various silk pieces, some with motifs. Beautiful colour combinations. I am happy that you are part of my patchwork of life.

    ReplyDelete