Saturday, June 27, 2015

Bubble Tea

Bubble Tea
26"W x 41.5"L
Pearl or bubble tea is a drink that originated in Taiwan and is popular in my neighbourhood. I am always amazed and surprised by the variety of flavour and jelly combinations available, for example taro milk tea, green apple or lychee with pearls, rainbow or mango jelly.
The neon colour challenge encapsulates the variety of colours displayed on the drinks menu.
Materials; cotton, batting, thread, textile ink, fusible, cord, beads
Techniques; hand painted, hand couched and beaded, machine applique, machine quilted




6 comments:

  1. I've never heard of Bubble Tea; I'll have to try it one day. What a happy piece! I love your quilting, it feels festive and energetic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got drawn into the Bubble Tea world when we moved back to California and love it, the menu is endless. Your piece totally captures the fun of it - it's not a serious drink! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This makes me want to try bubble tea! It looks delicious and fun. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of Bubble Tea either - how can you get it? anywhere in the UK? (I better google it). Sounds and looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bubble tea was invented in Taiwan in the 1980s. We love the drink and we are more surprised that it seems quite popular in many countries! Thank you, Sue, for creating such a lovely piece. Did you fall in love with bubble tea when you visit Taiwan in 2012? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. While I'm not familiar with Bubble Tea, your joyful interpretation of Sin-Chen's challenge really intrigues me.

    ReplyDelete