Sunday, December 27, 2015

In the box…..

by Misik Kim

It was hard work.
When I saw the Diane’s challenge, I thought of fabric manipulation.
I tried to use these techniques, but I couldn’t work with them.
Made some……
Yoyo, Smocking,
I like the texture from the layers.
Although efforts, my work is still……….
But  each challenge gave me the space where I think the difference.
Thank you so much,  Martha and all of members…
   
Techniques :  yo yo ,  hand appliqué,  machine pieced,  machine quilted
Size: 18” (W) x 40”(H)


3 comments:

  1. It was a hard challenge for those of us working in 2D, but your result is so beautiful and the colours just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, it was difficult - but I love the way everyone solved the challenge so differently. That's one of the most interesting aspects of V9. I love the colors you are working with here and the variegated stitches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you used the vertical shaded strips to create an almost "hide and seek" with the yo-yos. The value transition (ombre?) works well.

    ReplyDelete